Melissa has a wide variety of experience as a midwife as she has attended deliveries at patient’s homes, in a free-standing birth center, and in the hospital setting. As a midwife, Melissa strives to provide her patients with information and empower them to be active participants in their care.
She believes that women should be able to receive evidence-based care in any setting, receive the information that they need to make informed choices, and feel comfortable asking questions. The health of a family is directly related to the health of the mother, therefore Melissa feels providing excellent healthcare to women translates to improved healthcare for the whole family.
Melissa cares for women in the early teen years through menopause. Her passion is for providing care throughout pregnancy. She also provides general women’s health care, including birth control.
3/2007-3/2010 University of Cincinnati Cincinnati, OH
- Master’s Degree of Nursing
- Emphasis of Nurse Midwifery
- Completed approximately 900 hours of clinical work and attended 70 deliveries as a student.
08/1994-6/1999 West Virginia University Morgantown, WV
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Dean’s list
8/1996-6/1997 Potomac State College Keyser, WV
- Associated Degree in General Arts and Science
- Dean’s List, President’s List, Who’s Who Among American Jr. College’s
Certified Nurse Midwife
AWHONN Electronic Fetal Monitoring
OB Limited Ultrasound