WHAT WE DO
Wonderful and Challenging.
In pregnancy, most people experience great physical, emotional, social and spiritual changes, and it is our intention to support pregnant individuals and families during this time of transformation. As midwives, we offer our skills, experience, and loving attention as well as our deep trust in and respect for birth to help make this transition as seamless as possible.
What do you offer Postpartum?
- Follow-up appointments
- within the first 2-3 days of life
- 2 weeks postpartum
- 6 weeks postpartum
- Newborn metabolic screens performed at initial postpartum visit and at 2 week postpartum visit
- Continued assessments of the physical and emotional well-being of the mother
- Breastfeeding support
- PAP smear at the final postpartum visit, if needed
- Family planning counseling
- Birth certificate filed with the state of Texas so the child will receive a social security card and birth certificate